mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best algorithm for "People who viewed this also viewed" scenario (aka, no preference values)?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:33:35 GMT
Can you say more about the data you have?  How are you processing that data?

I also had a situation where "also viewed" performed poorly.  The problem
was actually that viewing is a very poor indication of engagement.  Getting
a better indication (viewed for 30 seconds) made a world of difference in
the results.  No amount of fiddling with the raw view data itself made any
difference.