mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Random Forest Implementation training is too slow for 2 GB of data
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:06:46 GMT
Mahout 0.7

-----Original Message-----
From: Suneel Marthi [mailto:suneel.marthi@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 4:29 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: Random Forest Implementation training is too slow for 2 GB of data

R u working off if trunk? Mahout version??

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 11, 2014, at 6:53 AM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have some 2 GB of data and tried to  execute RF with no of trees = 10 and maxsplitsize
as 90 MB. The execution takes too much time.
> I have also tried with #of trees =2, then it takes less time but gives
> accuracy <50% If I use less data with greater no of trees , then
> output accuracy is >90%
>
> Is there any tuning to execute it quickly with optimal no of trees for accuracy >
80%.

> Please suggest
>
> Thanks
> Stuti Awasthi
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::
> --------

named recipient(s) only.
> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
> late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
> the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of
> HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.