mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Jiten Gore" <ji...@gores.net>
Subject RE: Recommender question
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:49:47 GMT
Thanks for your reply, Pat. Here's an illustration:

The input set looks like this:
User	Book	Preference
1	10	7
2	10	4
3	10	5
1	15	3
2	15	8
3	15	4
1	20	9
2	20	2
3	20	3
1	-1	8
2	-1	8
3	-1	2
1	-2	5
2	-2	6
3	-2	4
1	-3	7
2	-3	5
3	-4	3

For this set for the books (+ve set) I am interested in only the
recommendations for the Books (-ve set)

The desired output (the values are made up):
Book1	Book2	ρ-value
10	-2	0.75
10	-3	0.66
10	-1	0.41
15	-1	0.80
15	-2	0.55
15	-3	0.21
20	-2	0.91
20	-1	0.65
20	-3	0.47

Thus, I would *not* like to see the ones like these two:
10	20	0.61
-1	-2	0.73

Does this help in clarifying? And yes I am interested in Pearson correlation
and I am using Hadoop.

Best,
Jiten