mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: UIMA
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:15:57 GMT
Hello Burcu,

UIMA has an entirely different purpose actually, and doesn't do
classification or clustering.  You would rather use UIMA to enrich
documents (individually) through text analysis and then use the result
to create better feature vectors to use with Solr, Mahout, etc.

We typically use UIMA to do named entity recognition, sentiment
analysis, chunking, etc. and then index the result in Solr. From there
you can either use it for retrieval (i.e. use the enriched
representation to get a better document similarity measure) or extract
the vectors to use with Mahout/Weka/Cluto/...

HTH,
Jens