mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Blechschmidt <Manuel.Blechschm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Simple Recommendation System with Mahout and Netbeans
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:54:53 GMT
Hi Chameera,

On 15.01.2014, at 13:59, Chameera Wijebandara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just published the simple blog post which describe simple
> recommendation system with Mahout.

> Can you please tell me  are there any thing to improve in
> this<http://chameerawijebandara.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/simple-recommendation-system-with-mahout-and-netbeans/>
> blog post.
>
> http://chameerawijebandara.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/simple-recommendation-system-with-mahout-and-netbeans/

You should use the released maven artifacts instead a custom build of mahout.

It is undefined if a current trunk build will succeed.

An example of an eclipse workspace based on maven and with mahout can be found here:
https://raw2.github.com/ManuelB/facebook-recommender-demo/master/docs/EclipseWorkspace.png

The only dependency that you need is the following:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.mahout</groupId>
      <artifactId>mahout-core</artifactId>
      <version>0.8</version>
    </dependency>

All other transitive dependencies will be inherited.

/Manuel

--
Manuel Blechschmidt
M.Sc. IT Systems Engineering