mahout-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Classify Handwritten Digits
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:41:06 GMT
(14/01/24 13:00), Chameera Wijebandara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to classify handwritten digits using mahout classification. Any
> suggestion to come up with good solution?

In the Mahout training course, we have an exercise of handwritten character
recognition with Mahout:

http://soleami.com/blog/mahout-and-machine-learning-training-course-is-here.html

In the exercise, we use Mahout's random forest.

For those who are interested, there is a demo:

http://rondhuit-demo.com/p/hwcr/recognition

How to use demo:

1. Using a mouse, draw a digit ('0', '1', ..., '9') in the smaller box (HTML5 Canvas)
2. Click [Classify] button (Do not click more than once, please!)
3. Wait 15 seconds, you'll get the result in the larger box

Note that we use the nearest neighbor method (not random forest) in this demo.

Hope this helps.

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/mahout-and-machine-learning-training-course-is-here.html