mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tharindu Rusira <tharindurus...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout for text classification
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:56:30 GMT
Hello,
I'm currently comparing Mahout classification algorithms that can be used
in text classification? I checked [1] but many of them have open issues so
I'm not sure which of them are in working condition and properly supported
by Mahout.
According to what I've found so far, SVM is preferred for text
classification because of its ability to work with high dimensional feature
spaces.
Also I've gone through MAHOUT-334 and this[2] recent mail thread.

According to the wiki, Naive Bayes seems to be a reliable candidate for a
classification task. Could someone please provide more details on this and
the suitability of Naive Bayes for text classification?

Thanks,

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Algorithms

[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mahout-user/201312.mbox/%3cCAO+E6vdkE1PjLi4wTDCg8x-H4GYB3Bpe8bGriwx2j6j7istKjQ@mail.gmail.com%3e