mahout-user mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <suneel_mar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions on compressed input, custom tokenizers, and feature selection
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 01:51:59 GMT
Hi Brian,

1. seqdirectory presently only works with Text files. You would have to create your own utility
for generating sequence files from gzip.

    It should be easy to create an MR job that reads gzip files and creates Sequence files.

2. Custom Tokenizers:

     Could you provide more specifics here?

    If you are creating a Custom Lucene Tokenizer, then you should be able to plug that
into the call to seq2sparse (which is subsequent to seqdirectory in Mahout's processing pipeline).