mahout-user mailing list archives

From Robert Santucci <robertrsantu...@gmail.com>
Subject Partial Implementation Permission Error
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:52:59 GMT
Hello,

I am having a problem running the partial implementation example on our
system.

Every time I try to run the example, I am getting permission errors. I have
full permissions to my working directory; however it seems mahout is
attempting to write a directory somewhere within hadoop.

I have found a way to get around this on my own system by giving hadoop /
root full write and read privileges. I am unable to do this on the shared
system.

Has anyone found a work around for this problem?

Thanks,

Robert Santucci
UIUC