mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr-recommender
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 23:27:55 GMT
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Michael Sokolov <
msokolov@safaribooksonline.com> wrote:

> It sounds like you are doing item-item similarities for recommendations,
>> not actually calculating user-history based recs, is that true?
>>
> Yes that's true so far.  Our recommender system has the ability to provide
> recs based on user history, but we have not deployed this in our app yet.
>  My plan was simply to query based on all the items in the user's "basket"
> - not sure that this would require a different back end?  We're not at the
> moment considering user-user similarity measures.

The items in the basket really are kind of a history (a history of hte
items placed in the basket).

It is quite reasonable to use those as a query against indicator fields.

It would be nice to generate indicators (aka binarized item-item LLR
similarities) from a number of different actions such as view, dwell,
scroll, add-to-basket and see which ones or which combos give you the best
recommendation.