mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pavan K Narayanan <pavan.naraya...@gmail.com>
Subject Request help: error on executing clusterdump operation
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 08:27:47 GMT
Folks,

I am experiencing problem with running Mahout in Hadoop. Earlier, I tried
Mahout 0.8 and Mahout 0.6 and I was informed that these two versions have
bugs. Now I ran Mahout 0.7 in Linux 64bit and got the following error:
(Also I would be grateful if the members could share their opinion on which
according to you is the stable version of Mahout)

13/09/30 06:35:10 INFO common.AbstractJob: Command line arguments:
{--dictionary=[/tmp/mahout-work-hadoop/reuters-out-seqdir-sparse-kmeans/dictionary.file-0],
--dictionaryType=[sequencefile],
--distanceMeasure=[org.apache.mahout.common.distance.CosineDistanceMeasure],
--endPhase=[2147483647], --evaluate=null,
--input=[/tmp/mahout-work-hadoop/reuters-kmeans/clusters-*-final],
--numWords=[20],
--output=[/tmp/mahout-work-hadoop/reuters-kmeans/clusterdump],
--outputFormat=[TEXT],
--pointsDir=[/tmp/mahout-work-hadoop/reuters-kmeans/clusteredPoints],
--samplePoints=[0], --startPhase=[0], --substring=[100], --tempDir=[temp]}
*Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/tmp/mahout-work-hadoop/reuters-kmeans/clusterdump *(No such file or
directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:212)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:165)
        at com.google.common.io.Files.newWriter(Files.java:83)
        at
org.apache.mahout.utils.clustering.ClusterDumper.printClusters(ClusterDumper.java:182)
        at
org.apache.mahout.utils.clustering.ClusterDumper.run(ClusterDumper.java:153)
        at
org.apache.mahout.utils.clustering.ClusterDumper.main(ClusterDumper.j
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(Progra
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
        at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:195)
        at
        at

Personally I feel this is closest I have come to seeing the result of
reuters example as the algorithm seem to have run and wanting to dump the
output and that's where the error occurred. And I did not try to create any
folders for the benefit of running reuters clustering example. Please may I
request you to assist me on how to deal with this exception.

Sincerely appreciate your comments and opinions

 Pavan