mahout-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Butkus <and...@butkus.co.uk>
Subject RE: Permission Error Partial Implementation example
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:28:25 GMT
Very vague, what is your system? Windies, Linux, etc?

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Robert Santucci
Sent: 29/10/2013 16:40
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Permission Error Partial Implementation example
Hello,

I am having a problem running the partial implementation example on our
system.

Every time I try to run the example, I am getting permission errors. I have
full permissions to my working directory; however it seems mahout is
attempting to write a directory somewhere within hadoop.

I have found a way to get around this on my own system by giving hadoop /
root full write and read privileges. I am unable to do this on the shared
system.

Has anyone found a work around for this problem?

Thanks,

Robert Santucci
UIUC