mahout-user mailing list archives

From Darius Miliauskas <dariui.miliaus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Link for Download and Installation
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 11:23:18 GMT
Dear All,

actually, I managed a bit with the installation. I would recommend to
follow these steps (in Windows 7):

1. I set the path of Mahout before moving all the content of
"mahout-distribution-0.8.zip" to the main directory "C:\" and set the path
(C:\mahout-distribution-0.8\bin) the following way: Control
Panel>System>Advanced system settings>Enviroment Variables... Then, I
restarted the PC.

Considering the content of "mahout-distribution-0.8-src.zip" it could be
more problems.

2. On cmd (Command line) I changed the directory to (cd
C:\mahout-distribution-0.8\bin), and typed: mvn install.

p. s. it is more easy just to use/insert the libraries directly, for
instance, into your NetBean project.

Best Wishes,

Darius Miliauskas