mahout-user mailing list archives

From Brian Arnold <barnold4...@gmail.com>
Subject Item Based Collaborative Filtering Properties Question
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:18:47 GMT
Hi,

I am currently trying to run the distributed Item Based Collaborative
filtering algorithm on our Hadoop cluster, and I have a few questions
regarding tweaking the various properties of the algorithm.  For the
maxPrefsPerUser,maxSimilaritiesPerItem, and maxPrefsPerUserItemSimilarity
properties I was wondering if I could get a more detailed explanation of
what these properties control.  I saw the description in the code, but I am
just wondering how changing these values will affect the results of the
algorithm, and will increasing them result in a better recommendation.

Thanks