mahout-user mailing list archives

From Parimi Rohit <rohit.par...@gmail.com>
Subject running mahout on Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.3.1
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:33:59 GMT
Hi All,

I am used to running mahout (mahout-core-0.9-SNAPSHOT-job.jar) in the
Apache Hadoop environment, however, we had to switch to Cloudera
distribution.

When I try to run the item based collaborative filtering job
(org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob) in the Cloudera
distribution, I get the following error,

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected
        at
org.apache.mahout.common.HadoopUtil.getCustomJobName(HadoopUtil.java:174)
        at
org.apache.mahout.common.AbstractJob.prepareJob(AbstractJob.java:614)
        at
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.preparation.PreparePreferenceMatrixJob.run(PreparePreferenceMatrixJob.java:75)
        at
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob.run(RecommenderJob.java:158)
        at
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob.main(RecommenderJob.java:312)
        at
        at

Is there a way to run Mahout in the Cloudera environment? I mean, a
download specific to Cloudera distribution of Hadoop?

Thanks in advance,
Rohit