mahout-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Subhramanian <deepak.subhraman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting rating for all the files
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 15:46:58 GMT
Thanks Nick. As I mentioned earleir I am getting  ratings only for the top
recommended products instead of ratings for 4000 products I am giving
numRecommendations parameter to 4000 and maxPrefsPerUser  to 4000. Should
it give 4000 items in the list for each user ? For some reasons the output
for items which are having lower ratings is not displayed.  I see the
default limit is 10.

I am not sure if I am not getting ratings for 4000 items because I am
passing the wrong options for the  mahout version or is it an issue with
mahout ver 0.7. I am using 0.7 -mahout-examples-0.7-cdh4.3.1.jar .

I see the parameter name changed in the latest version I checked from git
- 0.9-SNAPSHOT

 maxPrefsPerUserConsidered = jobConf.getInt(MAX_PREFS_PER_USER_CONSIDERED,
DEFAULT_MAX_PREFS_PER_USER_CONSIDERED);

Will using a latest version help ?

--
Deepak Subhramanian