mahout-user mailing list archives

From Prabhu Prakash Ganesh <pra...@mediaiqdigital.com>
Subject Decision Forest predictions output format
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:36:30 GMT
Hi all,

   I have a quick question. I am trying to build a decision forest using
Mahout’s partial implementation and then predict using that.

I run the command like this

$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar …/mahout-examples-<version>-job.jar
org.apache.mahout.classifier.df.mapreduce.TestForest -i <test_data> -ds
<descriptor_file> -m ob -a -mr -o predictions

It works fine and outputs the confusion matrix in the log and creates a
folder called predictions in HDFS with a file called testing.out. Now can
someone please tell me what the format of this file is it doesn’t seem to
be a text file.

It seems to be a binary file, but not sure in what format. How do I read
this predictions output file?

Thanks

Prabhu