mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install mahout 0.8 with hadoop 2.0
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:13:07 GMT
I think it all minimally works on Hadoop 2.0.x, though I haven't tried
it recently -- it does require a recompile.

This is different from it working on MRv2 versus MRv1. I'm almost
certain it does not work on MRv2 and doubt it will.

The effort is not large, but it's subtle. A few hacks may fail in
mysterious ways, and certainly to properly use MRv2 you have to switch
to use the newer resource configuration scheme -- in terms of
megabytes not reducer slots and all that.

At least this was most of the work that i remember when I was
rebuilding some of this type of stuff on MRv2 + Hadoop 2.0.x