mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a recommender
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:07:46 GMT
I'd vote for csv then.

On Jul 31, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Pat Ferrel <pat.ferrel@gmail.com> wrote:
A few architectural questions: http://bit.ly/18vbbaT

I created a local instance of the LucidWorks Search on my dev machine. I can quite easily
save the similarity vectors from the DRMs into docs at special locations and index them with
LucidWorks. But to ingest the docs and put them in separate fields of the same index we need
some new code (unless I've missed some Lucid config magic) that does the indexing and integrates
with LucidWorks.

I imagine two indexes. One index for the similarity matrix and optionally the cross-similairty
matrix in two fields of type 'string'. Another index for users' history--we could put the
docs there for retrieval by user ID. The user history docs then become the query on the similarity
index and would return recommendations. Or any realtime collected or generated history could
be used too.

Is this what you imagined Ted? Especially WRT Lucid integration?

Yes.  And I note in a later email that you discovered how Lucid provides lots of connectors
for different formats.  XML is fine.  I have also used CSV.