mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a recommender
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:48:56 GMT
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Iker Huerga <iker.huerga@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think a conference call, maybe a hangout, to kick off the project would
> be useful, who should schedule it?

I will shortly do that.

I think that I will need more than one kickoff to deal with timezones.  I
will coordinate these ahead of time on the mailing list.  Due to the
limitations[1] of Google hangouts with regard to saving and scheduling
ahead of time, I will only be able to get the actual URL just shortly
before the scheduled time.  I will mail that to the mailing list and also
put the URL into the shared design directory, probably in a spreadsheet.
 The meetings will be visible on Youtube afterwards.

[1] the problem here is that I have been able to schedule a hangout, but
not save that hangout to youtube.  I have also been able to save an
unscheduled meeetup, but was unable to figure out how to get a URL for such
a hangout ahead of time.  This may have changed, but I will still work
around it this time to be sure we will succeed.