mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: significance of FEATURES in SGD
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:34:50 GMT
The dimensionality of the feature vector definitely has a large impact on
accuracy as well as on the cost of the learning process.

I would be very surprised if you get good accuracy with a feature vector
with dimension 100.  Even 10,000 may be a bit small but with multiple
probes it may well work.

Your speed issues may also have to do with memory size.  Make sure you give
the process enough heap space to drive garbage collection overhead very low.