mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a recommender
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 03:32:07 GMT
Understood, catalog categories, tags, etc will make good metadata to be included in the query
and putting in separate fields allows us to separately boost each in the query. UserIDs that
have interacted with the item is an interesting idea.

However the specific case I'm describing is not about content similarity. Talking here about
item-item similarity exactly as encoded in the similarity matrix. The order or rank of these
item-item similarities should be preserved and I was proposing doing so with the order of
the itemID terms in the document.

The query will return history based recs ranked by the order Solr applies. The doc itself
for any item contains similar items ordered by their similarity magnitude, precalculated in
Mahout RowSimilarityJob.