mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject How to SSVD output to generate Clusters
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:09:01 GMT
Hi All,

I wanted to group the documents with same context but which belongs to one single domain together.
I have tried KMeans and LDA provided in Mahout to perform the clustering but the groups which
are generated are not very good. Hence I thought to use LSA to indentify the context related
to the word and then perform the Clustering.

I am able to run SSVD of Mahout and generated 3 files : Sigma,U,V as output of SSVD.
I am not sure how to use the output of SSVD to fed to the Clustering Algorithm so that we
can generate the clusters of the documents which might be talking about same context.

Any pointers how can I achieve this ?

Regards
Stuti Awasthi

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.