mahout-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gardner <gard...@pythian.com>
Subject Re: Query in Mahout
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:48:31 GMT
If you're doing item-based recommendation, doesn't it make sense to use
multiple recommenders, one per category? This should reduce your training
time, instead of training on all items then throwing away most of your
results.

If it was user-based recommendation I could see the value in finding
similar users across multiple categories, then paring down the
recommendations afterwards.

--
Alan Gardner
Solutions Architect - CTO Office