mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <ssc.o...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout compatibility with Hadoop
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:45:22 GMT
Hi Oren,

you should be able to run Mahout with the latest 0.20.2x and 1.0.x and
1.1.x Hadoop releases.

I personally use the current trunk (which will be released as 0.8 soon)
with Hadoop 1.0.4 and have not experienced any problems. I would
strongly encourage you to also use the trunk or wait a little for 0.8,
as we fixed lots of bugs and increased performance in a lot of places.

Best,
Sebastian

On 17.06.2013 15:41, Razon, Oren wrote:
> Hi,
> From what I saw so far it seem that only Mahout 0.5  (the Hadoop part) is compatible
with Hadoop latest releases, and that later Mahout releases are not officially supported.