mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Which text classification algo is best for the usecase?
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 12:17:56 GMT
Hey Jack,

Thanks for response. Regarding your queries:

1. Classes in which il categorize will range from 3-4 in numbers. Eg like Problem,Solution,Idea
etc
2. The number of keywords or phrase can vary. It is not fixed in number. For now Il take around
100 keyword/phrases but later on this will grow.

Thanks
Stuti Awasthi

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacek Wasilewski [mailto:wasilek@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:23 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: Which text classification algo is best for the usecase?

Hi,

I'm a new here and maybe I'm not an expert in Mahout, but maybe I'll be able to help you somehow.

To understand better your problem I have few questions:
1. Can you provide an example of classes that you'd like to learn? How many classes are there?
2. Do you know the total number of this "keywords/phrases" or is it variant?

Best wishes,
Jacek Wasilewski.