mahout-user mailing list archives

From ch raju <ch.raju...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding ItemBased Recommendation Results
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:09:14 GMT
Hi all,
  I am working on mahout-0.7 recommendations, ran following command from
the command line
./bin/mahout recommenditembased --input UserData.csv --output output/
--similarityClassname SIMILARITY_PEARSON_CORRELATION --numRecommendations 10
got the recommendations for every user.
I deployed the Mahout integration war in the localhost and executed the url(
http://localhost:8080/mahout-integration-0.7/RecommenderServlet?userID=47639&howMany=10),
got the results, but when i compare the recommendations of above and this
for the 47639 user then results are completely different.

 I am using GenericItemBasedRecommender with Pearson Correlation similarity
and the same input file. I would like to know why i am getting different
results? Both are item based only right? Which recommender is
recommenditembased using?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Raju Chinthala