mahout-user mailing list archives

From Zheyi RONG <rongzh...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Category 0 in Model dissection
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 14:04:58 GMT
Dear all,

I would like to ask how I can retrieve the category 0 on which a feature
has a most impact?

Specifically, now I am doing classification on several categories (labels),
say, Positive and Negative using AdaptiveLogisticRegression.

When dissecting this model, to get the category on which a feature has a
most impact,
I followed the codes from org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.SGDHelper, Line
74 (mahout-examples 0.7):
    ngNames.get(w.getMaxImpact() + 1).
where ngNames is the label list (i.e. ["Positive", "Negative"]), and w is
the Weight instance of a feature.

However, the Weight class internally represents n labels using a vector
with n-1 positions ( am I correct?) ,
so it seems impossible to retrieve category 0, if a feature has a most
impact on it.

Could anyone tell me how to correctly retrieve category 0, if a feature has
a most impact on it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Zheyi.