mahout-user mailing list archives

From ey-chih chow <eyc...@gmail.com>
Subject tree visualizer
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 04:24:33 GMT
Hi,

I found that there is an issue in the code of TreeVisualizer.java of the
Mahout random forest. In the file, there is a method, called
toStringNode(Node, Dataset, String[], Map<String, Field>, int). In this
method, there is a statement:

int index = ArrayUtils.indexOf(values, i);

I don't understand why we need to find this index. I look at the code to
create CategoricalNode, entries of childs[] and values[] should be 1-1
corresponding. Given an index of a child node in childs[], why we need to
use ArrayUtils to find an index to the array values[]?

Thanks.

Ey-Chih Chow