mahout-user mailing list archives

From Nadia A Najjar <nanaj...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Persistent SVD predictions
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:33:32 GMT
I'm using the 100k ML data. I need to generate predictions using SVD++. In testing my setup
I randomly chose a user and an unrated item to for that user then estimate preference.
for example, estimating preference for user 1 and item 274 with a seeded random generator,
one run returns 3.4404 and another 3.3961. This was using 19 factors (number of genres in
ML) and 60 iterations.
Even though the difference is small for my research I would like to eliminate this difference.
For seeding the factorizer I seeded the random generator in the prepareTraining () method
in SVDPlusPlusFactorizer class.