mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classification Algorithms in Mahout
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 08:00:42 GMT
You are correct to suspect that this page is substantially out of date.

Currently, Mahout has the following classifiers:

- stochastic gradient descent for logistic regression (SGD) with L_1 or L_2 regularization,
sequential version only.  These classifiers can be easily extended with other gradients and
regularizers which should make linear SVM's easy to implement.

- naive bayes, sequential and parallel implementations

- random forest, sequential and parallel implementations, new versions are being developed,
the current version may or may not be useful to you.

There are a variety of other classifiers which are in various states of utility.