mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reproducibility, and Recommender Algorithms in Mahout
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:08:06 GMT
> 2. Where can I see the list of all recommender algorithms already
> implemented by Mahout? From what I read on Mahout in Action book, there are
> 6 algorithms: UserBased, ItemBased, Slope One, SVD, KnnItemBased, and
> TreeClustering. Are there new algorithms since then? Oh, and

We have a class called SVDRecommender that takes a Factorizer as input.
Each implementation of a Factorizer corresponds to an algorithm, we have
biased matrix factorization, SVD++ and two different ALS implementations.

> I found both
> KnnItem and TreeClustering are deprecated on the newest version of Mahout
> (0.8-SNAPSHOT) ? Why is this the case?

We are not aware of anyone using these algorithms, that's why we chose
to deprecate them.