mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Problem in executing "seq2sparse"
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:18:11 GMT
Hi All,

I was trying to run the seq2sparse example of Mahout but every time I get same error of ClassNotFound
Exception. I have seen many people post on the same issue. Is this a specific problem with
this example.
I have checked by printing the classpath from mahout script. Classpath contains all the jars
present in $MAHOUT_HOME/lib which has lucene-core-3.6.0.jar in it. I have also checked that
Analyzer class is present in lucene jar.

Command : $MAHOUT_HOME/bin/mahout seq2sparse -i /clustering/reuters-seqfiles -o /clustering/reuters-vectors
-ow
Error:
Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
       at org.apache.mahout.vectorizer.document.SequenceFileTokenizerMapper.setup(SequenceFileTokenizerMapper.java:58)

Any Suggestions to rectify .

Thanks
Stuti

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.