mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ey-Chih chow <eyc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classification Algorithms in Mahout
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 05:01:28 GMT
On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:00 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> - random forest, sequential and parallel implementations, new versions are being developed,
the current version may or may not be useful to you.

Can you elaborate the usefulness of the current version and features of the new versions?
 Thanks.

Ey-Chih Chow

On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:00 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> You are correct to suspect that this page is substantially out of date.
>
> Currently, Mahout has the following classifiers:
>
> - stochastic gradient descent for logistic regression (SGD) with L_1 or L_2 regularization,
sequential version only.  These classifiers can be easily extended with other gradients and
regularizers which should make linear SVM's easy to implement.