mahout-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schulte <johannes.schu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naive Bayes Classifier - Scores
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:59:28 GMT
Hi,

the score is the probability of the example belonging to the class but
under independence assumptions and hence only useful to compare scores of
different classes with each other (..more likely than..). Since it is meant
to be a probability, it can range from 0 to 1.

If you want to transform the score into probabilities, maybe "calibration"
of scores is something for you. Look at the following paper

http://www.bradblock.com/Transforming_Classifier_Scores_into_Accurate_Multiclass_Probability_Estimates.pdf

HAve a nice day,

Johannes