mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implicit preferences
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:08:06 GMT
If you are using rootLLR, then a threshold of 10 represents (roughly) 10
standard deviations.  This is a big threshold.

What I generally do is threshold to a level that either makes the resulting
pairs be composed of a weak majority of plausible terms (if I understand
the domain) or simply to drive to a level of sparsity.  Both seem about the
same.

I also pretty much always also down-sample the number of items per user.
 This has two motivations.  One is simply pragmatics.  The other is that it
decreases the influence of bots and other pathological users.