mahout-user mailing list archives

From yunming zhang <y...@rice.edu>
Subject Question about latent dirichlet allocation
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 04:49:28 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get Latent Dirichlet Allocation to work,

I was following the instructions on this page
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/latent-dirichlet-allocation.html

I have two questions
1) I want to make sure LDA is a different algorithm than the dirichlet
clustering algorithm? I am only asking because when I tried to run
cluster-reuters.sh  under Mahout/trunk/examples/bin, it gave me choices
between kmeans, fuzzy kmeans, meanshift and dirichlet, so it seems as if
LDA and Dirichlet clustering algorithm is the same thing?

2) I tried to run the script cluster-reuters.sh and I got the error

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.
SLF4J: slf4j-api 1.6.x (or later) is incompatible with this binding.
SLF4J: Your binding is version 1.5.5 or earlier.
SLF4J: Upgrade your binding to version 1.6.x.
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.getSingleton()Lorg/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder;

Not sure what is going on there?

Thanks

Yunming