mahout-user mailing list archives

From IƱigo Llamosas <inigollamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with mahout and AWS
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:02:09 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a simple recommender on AWS, but I'm getting errors when
reducing. These are the jar-parameters lines:

s3://inigobucket/jars/mahout-core-0.8-SNAPSHOT-job.jar

org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.pseudo.RecommenderJob
-Dmapred.input.dir=s3://inigobucket/data/grouplens10m/ratings.dat
-Dmapred.output.dir=s3://inigobucket/output/
--recommenderClassName
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.recommender.slopeone.SlopeOneRecommender

Starts OK, but when reducing it gives 2 kind of problems.

-Heap space error. This confuses me because I had that error with a 2
m.small slave cluster but also with a 5 c1.medium slave cluster
-org.apache.hadoop.io.SecureIOUtils$AlreadyExistsException: EEXIST: File
exists error.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

Inigo