mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout for YARN?
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 06:20:18 GMT
No, nothing is written for YARN directly. But Hadoop 2.x implements
the classic "MRv1" MapReduce interface from Hadoop 1.x in terms of
YARN. In that sense, yes it can be used via this interface to run on
YARN. You will probably have to recompile the Mahout code against your
Hadoop 2.x implementation, although you shouldn't have to change any
code, strangely.