mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Prabhu" <pra...@mediaiqdigital.com>
Subject Logistic Regression in Mahout
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:12:48 GMT
Hi all,

    I am trying to use Mahout to run logistic regression analysis on some
data. The data is about 7 Million rows, with about 20 predictor variables
(all of them numeric).  The target variable is Boolean - 0 or 1.

I run a logistic regression with this data on R and I get good co-efficients
which makes sense. But when I  run a logistic regression on the exact same
data using Mahout, I get co-efficients that don't make sense. For a start,
all co-efficients are negative. The interesting thing is that the
co-efficient (from R) for the most important variable (with highest
co-efficient) has the least negative value in Mahout. Can someone please
help me understand what the cause of the problem is?

Thanks

Prabhu