mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build error
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 21:42:32 GMT
To amplify others comments, make sure that when you open the Mahout
project, you actually just open the pom.xml file at the top-level.  It is a
bad idea to try to do anything like import existing sources because a
significant amount of the code is generate which would make a naively
configured. compilation break.

IntelliJ is smart enough to treat a pom as a project and will mostly do the
right thing.  One thing that it tends not to do is to actually generate the
code in the math library.  I would recommend doing one build using maven
before depending completely on IntelliJ's internal build.  Using
-DskipTests can save a lot of time on that build.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Robin Chesterman <robinchesterman@gmail.com