mahout-user mailing list archives

From Koobas <koo...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout Amazon EMR usage cost
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 21:12:00 GMT
I was wondering if somebody could give me a rough estimate of the cost of
running Mahout on Amazon's Elastic MapReduce for a specific problem.
I am working with a common case of implicit feedback.
I have a simple, boolean input, i.e., user-item pairs (userID, itemID).
I would like to find 50 nearest neighbors for each item.
I have 10M users, 10K items, and 500M records.
If anybody has any ballpark idea of the kind of cost it would take to solve
the problem using EMR, I would appreciate it very much.
Jacob