mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matt Molek <mpmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Run multiple kmeans jobs at once from the same bash script as part of top down clustering
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:48:30 GMT
When doing top down clustering, I'm running a first pass of kmeans, and
then splitting the different clusters off into their own directories with
clusterpp. So I have a bunch of input directories that I want to run kmeans
jobs on at the same time.

Can I do that from a bash script? Right now I'm running over each input
directory with a for loop, and each kmeans job is waiting for completion
before the next one starts.

If I can't do it with a script, could I do it in Java without having to
modify the mahout source?

Thanks for the help!