mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chui-Hui Chiu <cch...@tigers.lsu.edu>
Subject Input format to the Singular Value Decomposition in Mahout
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:13:35 GMT
Hello, all,

I read the introduction page of the SVD in Mahout.  The SVD application
requires that the input matrix in the Sequence File Format.  Now, I have a
matrix with real number elements in the ASCII format.  Rows are separated
by the new line characters and columns are separated by the space
character.  The matrix looks like

1.1 1.2 1.3
2.1 2.2 2.3
3.1 3.2 3.3

How is the matrix stored in Sequence Files?  How do I convert the matrix
into the appropriate format for the SVD application?

Thanks,
Chiu