mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject How to interpret recommendation strength
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:59:01 GMT
Using a boolean data model and log likelihood similarity I get recommendations with strengths.

If I were using preference rating magnitudes the recommendation strength is interpreted as
the likely magnitude that a user would rate the recommendation. Using the boolean model I
get values approaching 2 (this over a quick and small sample so not sure of the real range),
which leads me to the question...

What is the meaning of the strength returned with the recommendation for boolean data?