mahout-user mailing list archives

From zhipeng zhao <zhipeng_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with frequent pattern mining
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:52:17 GMT
To better understand the algorithm/parameters etc, I would suggest read these paper:

The original FP Growth algorithm paper, talking about the algorithm/parameters
"Mining Frequent Patterns without Candidate Generation"
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~hanj/pdf/sigmod00.pdf

The papallel verion of FP Growth algorhtm, on which Mahout impmlementation is build:
"PFP: Parallel FP-Growth for Query Recommendation"
infolab.stanford.edu/~echang/recsys08-69.pdf

-zhipeng