mahout-user mailing list archives

From Kris Jack <mrkrisj...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation for ParallelALSFactorizationJob
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:47:24 GMT
Hi all,

I'm giving one of the distributed matrix factorisation implementations
(code org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.als.ParallelALSFactorizationJob) a
try and have a few basic questions.  I can't find much documentation about
how to run it so can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'd like to know:
1) is there any code that helps selecting appropriate values for lambda and
alpha?
2) is there any code that uses the output of the MF, generating recommended
items for users?

Best,
Kris

--