mahout-user mailing list archives

From Florents Tselai <florents.tse...@gmail.com>
Subject Clustering: Relative importance?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:21:02 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm using Mahout for clustering Market Basket data. I've previously used
SQL Server and have had some interesting results.
I would like to know if there is a way to calculate the "relative
importance" index when using mahout clustering algorithms.

Relative importance:  indicates how important the attribute and value pair
> is as a distinguishing factor. The longer the bar, the more likely it is
> that this attribute is representative of this category.

You may look here an example using this indicator:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd299419%28v=sql.100%29.aspx