mahout-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Nikam <rajeshni...@gmail.com>
Subject ** Using mahout : stochastic gradient descent **
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:18:31 GMT
Any idea of mahout - stochastic gradient descent(sgd) ? Model generated is
similar to SVM.

I am using "mahout org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.TrainLogistic"  and
"mahout runlogistic".

Including all attributes as predictors I get

AUC = 0.50
confusion: [[1252978.0, 23003.0], [0.0, 0.0]]
entropy: [[-0.0, -0.0], [-46.1, -0.8]]

Its mentioned AUC=0.5 means as good as random classifier.

Tried using this generated model use for classify instances however its
classifies everythings as class 1.

One thing is I am using 1.2 million instances on class 1 against 20
thousand instances from class 2.

Does that affects training ?