mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-0.19 and mahout 0.7: throwing incompatible errors, how can I fix it?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:58:22 GMT
On the other hand, the only way that I have been able to do a major version
upgrade of Hadoop is to start a new company.

It is really hard to change code and platform at the same time.  If you
don't have enough hardware to have two clusters temporarily, things will be
really hard moving off of 0.19.